Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Look what you can do with: Pearlized Enamel Effects

Here's a "new to me" and still in the package product which was screaming to be used! It's been on the shelf so long I'm sure it has dust on it. So time to break it out and try a few fun techniques. 

What I've learned you can use it for:

  • Making your own enamel dot embellishments (leave to dry at least 1 hour - longer is better)
  • Using a sponge dauber or blending brush over a dry embossed cardstock
  • Pick up the left overs with cling wrap and daub onto cardstock - embossed or not
  • White - Red - Black: use them separately or mixed together
  • You can add re-inker to any for additional colours (white is the best for this though)
  • Darker colours yield more obvious results
  • 3D embossing folders or standard embossing folders work equally well
Here's my card from the Facebook Live June 7, 2023 showing a side view so the pearlized effect is well highlighted. Isn't this spectacular!


On this card, I used the Black Pearlized Enamel Effects with Real Red dots I made ahead of time. Just drop them onto wax paper and let them dry for at least an hour (longer if your dots are much larger or thicker):

On this version of the original card, I used a light colour of cardstock. To me the enamel effects appears more evenly than on a darker cardstock. 

Let's not waste what's still on the silicone craft sheet and with cling wrap dab the left over colour all over the card layer for a marbled look. This will be used for a future card!

Check out the video replay for all the measurements, tips and all the ways I used the pearlized enamel effects. Would love to hear your comments on it!

SUPPLIES LIST

Thanks for stopping by!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment