Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Blending Brush technique with Grassy Grove and Greetings of the Season

Tearing paper, sponging a background and splattier...it's all part of what we paper crafters do! To create the circular backdrop, I cut a piece of paper the exact same size as my card front (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") and cut a Deckled Circle out of it with my die. Using temporary adhesive, I fastenend them together. Then applied 3 colours of ink using a Blending Brush (Calypso Coral, Lemon Lolly and Smoky Slate). Remove that temporary layer and stamp away! It still needed something on the bottom and truth be told after all that I didn't want my stamping to be crooked, so I tore the top edge of a 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of white after stamping the greeting. The deer is from the Groves Dies; the stamp from Grassy Grove and some Rhinestones for bling! To finish it off, though, I splattered with my Wink of Stella. Love this holiday card!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment