Friday, June 10, 2022

Dust off your Markers! Time for a Technique Tuesday Tip

And when I say..."dust off"...I mean it! It's been a while since I've pulled my Stampin' Write Markers out to colour with! One of the easiest techniques is called "Direct to Stamp" where you literally colour various areas of your solid stamped image - or greeting - with different colours. The question becomes, how does that colour transfer to the paper if it dries while you're applying the various colours? Read on and watch the video for the answer!

On the above card, I used the Amazing Silhouettes stamp where the colour is applied across the stamp in horizontal strokes. The tree is recessed and will take on the colour of your cardstock. A great stamp to do on Basic White or Very Vanilla. I used the Brights Stampin' Write Markers for these bold colours. 

In this sample, I combined the Direct to Stamp technique with Thumping for a speckled look:


And one more Marker Technique: Water Wash. Remember to use Watercolor Paper for best results!

If you missed the Facebook live, here's a quick link to the video for making all 3 cards:



SUPPLIES LIST





 

No comments:

Post a Comment